Plymouth Life Centre, the best sports and leisure facility in the South West of England, opens its doors on Saturday 24th March to the general public.
This £46.5 million world-class sports complex situated in the centre of the city, has been designed for local residents, visitors, schools, clubs and local community groups from across Plymouth, Devon, Cornwall and nationwide to enjoy the widest range of affordable activities all under one roof.
The amazing facilities will be the local training venue for athletes for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games, including GB diving medal hopefuls Tom Daley, Tonia Couch and Brooke Graddon.
Managed by Everyone Active in partnership with Plymouth City Council, the centre’s BIG OPENING WEEKEND is Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March will offer free activity for all the family with special 2012 Olympic guests.
Visitors are invited to use the facilities FREE and take part in a whole host of fun family activities including…..
• Special swimming sessions with Olympic Swimming Champions
• Diving taster sessions
• Leisure flumes
• Lane swimming
• Water polo taster sessions
• Synchronised swimming taster sessions
• Swimming for everyone
• Badminton and Parabadminton taster sessions
• Table tennis taster sessions
• Wheel Chair Rugby taster sessions
• Netball taster sessions
• Gymnastics taster sessions
• Trampolining taster sessions
• Basketball taster sessions
• Football taster sessions
• Boccia taster sessions
• Racketball taster sessions
• Squash taster sessions
• Bowls taster sessions
• Climbing taster sessions
• Gym taster sessions
• Group Exercise Classes taster sessions
• Zumba and Group Cycling taster sessions
• Plymouth Dance taster sessions